[Kst] Re: Double click to open plot dialog: no luck :-(

Nicolas Brisset nicolas.brisset at free.fr
Thu Jun 30 23:34:42 CEST 2011

> I tried attached patch. It enters Mainwindow::dragEnterEvent but not
> MainWindow::dropEvent.
> If we could manage it that MainWindow::dropEvent is called, opening
> the .kst or data file shouldn't be that hard.
Could it be that the event is "consumed" by the scene and not passed on to the MainWindow? What does the call to ignore() do? The doc says "Unwanted events might be propagated to the parent widget." -> that is a bit vague!
And who is the parent of the scene? It seems to be the View, which itself has an event filter. I can't figure out exactly what is supposed to happen with it, but it may also be blocked there and never make it to the MainWindow.

Just my 2c... You know better!