[Kst] Re: Problem with change detection of netCDF files

Barth Netterfield netterfield at astro.utoronto.ca
Wed Jul 27 22:23:40 CEST 2011

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 11:25 AM, StUstD <stustd at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1) Where change detection with text based CSV files works, it doesn't work
> for me with netCDF files... Anyone an idea what the problem may be?

I'm not sure...  I'm not familiar with that format or how that data
source detects changes.  Nicolas?

> 2) I like the automatic {name,unit} recognition when working with netCDF
> files, is there some rule to make it also possible with text based CSV
> files?

Yes (I hope...)

Put the field names in the first row.
Put the units in the second row

Time,Rate
Seconds,m/s
0,10
1,11
2,9

etc

When you create the file, there is a 'configure' button.
In the configure dialog check
[x] Read field names from line [__1__]
[x] Read units from line [__2__]

It *should* now work.  Let me know if it does or doesn't.

--
C. Barth Netterfield
University of Toronto