[Kst] Re: branches/work/kst/portto4/kst/src

Barth Netterfield netterfield at astro.utoronto.ca
Fri Jul 1 18:45:44 CEST 2011

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 3:25 PM, Peter Kümmel <syntheticpp at gmx.net> wrote:
> On 30.06.2011 16:08, Brisset, Nicolas wrote:
>>> SVN commit 1238831 by netterfield:
>>>
>>> BUG: 272580
>>> Fix the illusive Log mode range bug in psd's :-)
>> Well, sorry Barth, but I still get the same result with a point at
>> x=10e-281 (corresponding to the first X value, which is 0).
>> How come you don't seem to have the effect???
>
> I still don't think this is a bug. Plotting 0 in a log scale is not possible,
> so the only solution is to suppress the zero in log scale plot (automatically
> or manually)
>
> The current behavior is correct: find the best approximation for 0 (1e-300)
> and then interpolate from this point to the next point.

Actually, the code is supposed to do something slightly different: in
Log-Mode, Auto-Range, the minimum of the range is supposed to be the
minimum point larger than zero (Vector::minPos() ).  And if you use
the keyboard to enter this mode, it seems to reliably work ('g', 'm').
 The issue appears to be selecting log mode from the plot dialog.
But, as Nicolas has confirmed, 'm' fixes it.  So somehow the
re-calculation of ranges is not happening from the plot dialog.  I
thought I found it (it fixed it for me) but apparently there is still
an issue.

I hope to work on it today or tomorrow.
--
C. Barth Netterfield