[Kst] Re: branches/work/kst/portto4/kst/src

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Fri Jan 21 18:40:38 CET 2011

As reply the times from the old code:

> Delimiters (comment, column)      : time in readColumns
> No comment, custom: one space     : 1.69102 seconds
5.21188 seconds

> No comment, whitespace            : 2.11194 seconds
3.19542 seconds

> default comment, custom: one space: 4.01525 seconds (default comment with 4 characters)
5.51114 seconds

> default comment, whitespace       : 4.34039 seconds
3.53454 seconds

> default comment, custom ,;|       : 6.49383 seconds (space at the end of 4 characters)
5.75577 seconds

Using the defaults (default comment, whitespace) is
20% slower, this is the cost of a better readable code.

But when we have no comments in the data and there is
only one column delimiter, then reading is as twice as fast.