[Kst] eparse.cpp, memory leak, and lex

Barth Netterfield netterfield at astro.utoronto.ca
Sat Jan 15 21:16:27 CET 2011

Hi,

There is a memory leak in escan.cpp, and I'm looking for some advice:

-It looks like escan.cpp was at some time generated from escan.l
-It looks like eparse.cpp was at some time generated from eparse.y
-These cpp files were committed by fidler in commit 726751.
-changes to the .l and .y files were committed after this by fidler
(731128), but it is possible the .cpp and .h files were generated from
these.  Or maybe not.  Most of the changes are much older than this.
-I don't think that lex/yacc have been part of the build system for a very
long time, if ever.
-kuemmel made some changes to the cpp files recently to allow it to build
under windows.

We are now unable to re-generate the cpp files from the .l/.y files without
hand editing the output.

1) Is this OK and so should we just continue to modify the cpp files for bug
fixes as they come along?  If not... ?

2) eparse.cpp and escan.cpp are is listed in the cmake files as
kst_dont_merge.  What does kst_dont_merge do/mean?

--
C. Barth Netterfield
University of Toronto