[Kst] Re: Unported kst1 dataobject plugins

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Thu Jan 13 12:22:11 CET 2011

> I don't know for the other dataobject plugins, but for the following two
> here is what I can say:
> - discretizing filters was an attempt at providing filters where you
> give a numerator and denominator in the form of continuous polynoms, and
> the plugin would discretize them. If I remember correctly, it is not
> finished (we would need to compute zeroes and take them into account to
> get accurate results). I'd say leave it in the kst1 source tree until
> someone wants to finish it.

Unfinished? we have too less people using Kst.

> - general_levenberg_marquardt was inspired from xmgrace, which allows to
> fit any expression. I actually looked at how qtiplot implements it (as
> it also has it and is Qt-based) and adapted it to kst. It had some
> issues, but it sometimes worked. As it allows fitting *any* function and
> is therefore completely generic, I think it is *highly interesting*. We
> should probably try to upgrade to a newer muparser version (or use kst's
> integrated parser?), port it to kst2 and... make it work!

This sound interesting. Have you completey used the qtiplot code or have you
started with the kst1 plugin code? And, are you using kst1 for your tests?
Porting it to kst2 sound good, and to use an actual muparser surly makes sense.

But all the code isn't checked in, or I'm wrong?

Peter