[Kst] Bug in ASCII fixed-width

Nicolas Brisset nicolas.brisset at free.fr
Sat Feb 5 10:38:57 CET 2011

Hi,

I think there's a bug in reading ASCII data with fixed-width columns.
Try to read CStk and Yaw_rate from sample_data/TWIN1+fixed-width+whitespace+unixEOL+dot-decimal-separator.txt with the following settings:
- data starts at line: 5
- read field names from line: 3
- read units from line: 4
- all columns have the same width: 13 characters
- decimal separator: dot

and compare with the results obtained with:
- data starts at line: 5
- read field names from line: 3
- read units from line: 4
- space/tab delimited
- do not make assumptions on column width (or the other setting, both work...)
- decimal separator: dot

There's a *major* problem!

On a related note, I was wondering what happens if we indicate fixed-width but there are some characters missing at the end of the last column (like stripped whitespace). It should not crash, and if possible even read the results correctly. I haven't tried yet, so maybe it already works, but I see potential for problems there.