[Kst] Fwd: [Google Code-in 2011] New comment on Kst: date/time support for the ASCII data source by kharvd

nicolas.brisset at free.fr nicolas.brisset at free.fr
Sun Dec 4 11:53:28 UTC 2011

Hi Ben,

thanks for the feedback. I agree that reading NI files would be nice, but I would not like to complicate the ASCII source too much, and it seems to depart a bit too much from the usual stuff. To do it properly, we'd need to extract scalars (or even date/time info) from header lines...

I'd rather do a specific datasource for NI. Can you provide more info on the possible extensions, headers, etc? That would possibly also be a nice Code-In task, by the way...
Do others agree that we should rather do a specific source for that format?

Nicolas