[Kst] recommendation for 3D data

Nicolas Brisset nicolas.brisset at free.fr
Tue Aug 16 21:04:13 UTC 2011

Hi,
> kst is a very impressing program and quite fast. I use it for
> streaming 2D data and like it much!
>
> I now have some 3D data - can you recommend any program working easily
> / fast
> with 3D data? Up to now I use gnuplot which is however quite slow for
> larger datasets.
Probable one of the best toolkits for 3D visualization is VTK. You can try paraview, or the excellent VTK designer which allows you to define your own data analysis pipeline.
The qtiplot tool (which is somehow kst's "concurrent") has support for 3D data, but I don't know about the performance. And finally labplot (not yet ported to Qt4/KDE4) also has some support for 3D data. If you find some version which is installable on your system you may want to give it a try.

If you try other programs and have interesting ideas to make kst better, don't hesitate to give feedback here!