[Kst] standard location for QT data files...

Barth Netterfield barth.netterfield at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 20:48:36 CEST 2010

Hi,

In kst 1.x, we load color palettes which are installed in some
standard place which follows KDE policies, and uses KDE to find
them....

How should we handle this in 2.x, which doesn't have guaranteed access
to kstandarddirs, and which operates on different platforms.  I can't
find any QT classes which are designed to handle installed data.

Under linux, it probably belongs under ~/.config/kst/<somedir> for
user supplied files, and I have not idea for global files.

I have no clue how it goes for windows or OS-X.

Ideas?

--
C. Barth Netterfield
University of Toronto