[Kst] reading in NetCDF matrix (2-dim vector)

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Sun May 23 12:09:35 CEST 2010

Tom Downes wrote:

> KST 2b2 wouldn't even recognize a NetCDF file for what it was and I couldn't
> get any of the SVN checkouts to compile.  So I installed KDE3 alongside KDE4
> - works just fine.  All you need are the kde3 libraries - you can continue
> to login using KDE4, if that's your preference.

netCDf is supported only since beta5:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/kst/files/

But you could also try to build svn:
    svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/work/kst/portto4/kst

Not much happens since the beta release.

If you have problems building svn please report, because there should be
no problems: it would be a bug on the kst2 side.

In Kst2 there is a new API for datasources, but moving code from kst1 to
kst2 is mostly c&p, so porting your changes wouldn't be that hard.

Just for the records I attach your netCDF changes as patch (then it
becomes more clear what you've changed).

Peter