[Kst] kst2 datasource API comments

Barth Netterfield netterfield at astro.utoronto.ca
Tue Mar 30 18:22:14 CEST 2010

There are two frameCount in struct Optional, frameCount and vectorframeCount.

The data sources you ported only set frameCount, so dataVector::fileLength()
didn't work.

I see two paths:

1) we state that frameCount is purely a vector concept, and get rid of
vectorframeCount.

2) we imagine that there could be data sources that, eg, have a list of
matrixes, and so we might have a matrixframeCount, vectorframeCount, etc.

If (2) is the case, I think we would have to do even more API work for this to
make sense...

Currently frameCount is only used for vectors, so I'm going to suggest option
1: get rid of vectorframeCount, and only use frameCount.

cbn