[Kst] kst 2.x: dbus interface / datasource API

Brisset, Nicolas Nicolas.Brisset at eurocopter.com
Mon Mar 8 16:51:46 CET 2010

Hi,

activity on kst2 was a bit slower in the last days. I suppose Barth has
had other stuff to take care of...

I would like to know how things look for the next future, and also ask 2
questions:

- could we try to go through the data source API discussion because I
had started adapting ASCII to read in units, but when I saw the relative
mess that it is (with many classes and many places where the config is
written or read) I was a bit discouraged... And there are also
CDF/netCDF to be ported to kst 2, which should be easy once the new
design if finalized.

- what are the plans wrt the dcop interface? I believe dcop has been
replaced with dbus in Qt4/KDE4. My understanding is that it is still
applicable even when we don't run under KDE4, but I'm not sure. And I
don't know whether it has already been adapted, whether this adaptation
is difficult and if there are different plans for kst 2.x.

Hoping kst 2.x picks up some pace in the short future again, so that we
can release a first 2.0.0 version in finite time...

Nicolas

Eurocopter Deutschland GmbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft/Registered Office: Donauwoerth
Registergericht/Registration Court: Amtsgericht Augsburg HRB 16508
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates/Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Dr. Lutz Bertling
Geschaeftsfuehrung/Board of Management:
Dr. Wolfgang Schoder, Vorsitzender/CEO; Friedrich-Wilhelm Hormel; Ralf Barnscheidt

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This communication and the information it contains is intended for the addressee(s) named above and for no other persons or organizations. It is confidential and may be legally privileged and protected by law. The unauthorized use, copying or disclosure of this communication or any part of it is prohibited and may be unlawful.
If you have received this communication in error, kindly notify us by return e-mail and discard and/or delete the communication. Thank you very much.
It is possible for e-mails to be intercepted or affected by viruses. Whilst we maintain virus checks on our e-mails, we accept no liability for viruses or other material which might be introduced with this message.