[Kst] Howto enable DirFile support on kst-2.0, WinXP platform?

Peter Milne Peter.Milne at d-tacq.com
Sat Jul 31 16:04:14 CEST 2010

Dear Peter

On 07/31/2010 02:20 PM, Peter Kümmel wrote:
>>> Could you try if it works with your well known data?
>>
>> Thank you for the executable. It works. Or at least it goes through the
>> motions:
>>
>> Using Data Wizard:
>> 1. Correctly identifies the data as a DirFile
>> 2. Identifies the items in the data and sizes the vectors correctly.
>> 3. Allows one to set up a plot..
>> 4. The plot prints axes, labels, but it's blank. There is no data and
>> and the axis scaling is incorrect.
>>

>> If you would like to take a look at my sample data, you are welcome to
>> download from here:
>> www.d-tacq.com/tmp/dirfile_example.zip
>>
>> Project file, (works with kst1.8)
>> DIRFILE_EXAMPLE/acq132_055/multivent.kst
>> Printout of the plot:
>> ./DIRFILE_EXAMPLE/acq132_055/multivent-plot.pdf
>>

>> Attempting to open the .kst file from kst2 crashed it.
>

> Somehow the build from yesterday was corrupted.
> I've uploaded a new build which now can read dirfiles also
> on Windows and does not crash when you open the kst1 file.
>
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/kst/files/Snapshots/Kst-2.0.0-beta-win32-DirFile-2010-07-31.exe

It's good. The DirFile plots correctly.
Excellent - thank you very much!.

Confirm no crash on kst1 file open, simply, nothing happens.

 > Thanks for the examples, they helped a lot. Do you mind if I add
 > them to the kst repository?

No problem please, go ahead. This is just test data. There's actually an
error in it :-), but that doesn't affect plotting.

Best regards

Peter.

Peter Milne			Peter.Milne at d-tacq.com
D-TACQ Solutions Ltd		www.d-tacq.com