[Kst] Howto enable DirFile support on kst-2.0, WinXP platform?

Peter Milne Peter.Milne at d-tacq.com
Fri Jul 30 20:58:27 CEST 2010

Dear Peter

On 07/30/2010 06:05 PM, Peter Kümmel wrote:
> Peter Milne wrote:
>>
>> On 07/29/2010 11:13 PM, Barth Netterfield wrote:
>>> We are currently working on windows dirfile support....  it will
>>> hopefully be usable 'soon', but it isn't yet.
>>
>> Cheers Barth!
>>
>> I'll be very happy to help test it.
>
> I've uploaded a Windows version of Kst2 with DirFile support:
>
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/kst/files/Snapshots/Kst-2.0.0-beta-win32-DirFile-2010-07-30.exe
>
> This version is NOT tested, I've only checked if the plugin compiles and could be linked, I even
> don't know if it works! (Are there any dirfile examples? I only found a test dir in the kst1 sources,
> which doesn't show any curves afer loading, so maybe dirfile support is completly broken ATM.)
>
> Could you try if it works with your well known data?

Thank you for the executable. It works. Or at least it goes through the
motions:

Using Data Wizard:
1. Correctly identifies the data as a DirFile
2. Identifies the items in the data and sizes the vectors correctly.
3. Allows one to set up a plot..
4. The plot prints axes, labels, but it's blank. There is no data and
and the axis scaling is incorrect.

If you would like to take a look at my sample data, you are welcome to
download from here:
www.d-tacq.com/tmp/dirfile_example.zip

Project file, (works with kst1.8)
DIRFILE_EXAMPLE/acq132_055/multivent.kst
Printout of the plot:
./DIRFILE_EXAMPLE/acq132_055/multivent-plot.pdf

Attempting to open the .kst file from kst2 crashed it.

Best regards

Peter.