[Kst] DirFile RAW INT16/s type broken?

Peter Milne Peter.Milne at d-tacq.com
Thu Jan 28 22:34:53 CET 2010

Hi Matthew

Thanks very much for looking at this ..

Matthew D Truch wrote:
>> The more interesting standard system is a vanilla fc12 where I first saw
>> the problem, this has kst-1.8 installed from packages as shown before

>> and ..
>>
>> [peter at gigha ~]$ rpm -q getdata
>> getdata-0.5.0-5.fc12.x86_64
>>

>> However it really seems to me as if the getdata library (plugin?) isn't
>> getting called since there's no sign of it in /proc/PID/maps
>>
>> [peter at gigha ~]$ grep kst /proc/8254/maps  | wc
>>     170    1020   19915
>> [peter at gigha ~]$ grep getdata /proc/8254/maps | wc
>>       0       0       0
>>
>> ... but kst _is_ able to interpret and plot the DirFile (if incorrectly).
>
> Interesting.  On this vanilla machine, if you remove both kst-getdata
> and getdata, does it still plot the DirFile incorrectly?

yum remove kst-getdata : OK

but: yum remove getdata complains:
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package getdata.x86_64 0:0.5.0-5.fc12 set to be erased
--> Processing Dependency: libgetdata.so.1()(64bit) for package:
kst-1.8.0-3.fc12.x86_64
--> Running transaction check
---> Package kst.x86_64 0:1.8.0-3.fc12 set to be erased
--> Finished Dependency Resolution

So the _package_ dependency is there, even if the kst executable doesn't
actually use it. Same result of course, incorrectly signed data plot.

/Peter

Peter Milne			Peter.Milne at d-tacq.com
D-TACQ Solutions Ltd		www.d-tacq.com