[Kst] kst2 minor issues

Matthew D Truch matt at truch.net
Wed Jan 13 21:17:15 CET 2010

We've noticed the following minor issues while using current kst2 from svn.

1. When you have many plots on a window (like 35), and the numbers in
the axis labels are large, they often overwrite each other (so you can't
tell any of the numbers apart).

2. Plot widths with live data are variable depending on the axis numbers
position.  If, for example, you're plotting live data as a function of
INDEX and INDEX is in the hundreds of thousands, when the major tick for
INDEX is near the edge of the plot, the plot will get narrower so that
the axis number can fit in the window.  I don't think that plots should
change size at all when data is live.

3. Change data samples range is clumsy to use.  I don't think that it
should default to having none of the vectors selected.  Rather, I think
it should default to all preselected (or better, all preselected if
you've never used the dialog before, but to remember which were selected
from before and default to those).  Certainly, when you make some
changes and hit apply (without closing the dialog box), the vectors you
have selected shouldn't become unselected; they should remain.

--
"If you drop your keys into a river of molten lava, forget about them, they're gone!"
matt at truch.net
http://matt.truch.net/