[Kst] Re: OS X plugin directory for non-installed build

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Thu Dec 2 18:10:03 CET 2010

On 02.12.2010 17:38, Ted Kisner wrote:
> ok, it looks like the plugins, the d2asc tool, and the tests were being disabled on mac os.
>
> I am in favor of treating OS X the same as any other unix in all of the *.pri and *.pro files, unless someone has a good reason not to...
>
> In terms of packaging, we need to figure out a way of including gsl, cfitsio, netcdf, and getdata inside the DMG file.  So we'll need some work in macdeploykst to copy in all the needed libraries.  Looks like Peter created that script- did you have any ideas about using otool or some other technique to detect the dependencies and copy them into place?  I can work on this too, but not for another week or so...

In principle we only have to replace pathes in the shared libraries using otool.
Most is documented by Qt:
http://doc.trolltech.com/4.7/deployment-mac.html

When we build frameworks this is automatically done by macdeployqt, but it could also
be done by handwritten scripts, like the one for the non-framework plugins.

But I don't know if there is a more standard way of creating dmgs that handwritten scripts.

And soon we'll add cmake support, maybe there is better support of creating dmgs.

Peter