[Kst] kst2 compilation under linux with headers in non-standard location

Peter Kuemmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Thu Aug 26 11:28:01 CEST 2010

> I suppose you mean pkg-config? When I run "pkg-config --libs netcdf" it
> finds the right path, and "pkg-config --cflags netcdf" gives the right
> include path. And netcdf is detected and activated for the build, so
> somehow it works. It just seems to be that those paths are not passed
> correctly to the Makefile somehow.

When I try to use pkg-config it first doesn't work. I've build netcdf 4.1.1
manually (downloaded the tar.gz) by ./configure --prefix=$MYNETCDFPATH
called make and make install but "pkg-config --libs netcd" could find netcdf.

Then I set PKG_CONFIG_PATH so pkg-config could find netcdf.pc. Is this the right way to use pkg, or should I copy netcdf.pc to some other places.

Peter