[Kst] Bugzilla Versions

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Sat Aug 14 15:06:16 CEST 2010

Peter Kümmel wrote:
> To simplify the reporting of bugs I've removed the
> 2.0.0_devel version (therefore the 41 emails from bugzilla)
> and moved all the bugs into the 2.0.0 scope.
>
> The ideas is to collect all bugs and wishes of the released
> 2.0.0 as a 2.0.0 reports, and reports of the unreleases svn
> version as 2.0.1 because we are working on 2.0.1 now.
>
> Then before releasing 2.0.1 we should have a look at all
> the 2.0.0 and 2.0.1 issues, close them, or move them to the version
> 2.0.2 when we are not able or willed to fix them with the 2.0.1
> release.
>
> This way, when releasing 2.0.1, we have no open issues in
> 2.0.0 and 2.0.1 and a clear TODO list for 2.0.2.
>
> Does this makes sense, have I overseen anything, or is it
> maybe totally contrary to the common way of handling bug reports?

I've also removed the version 'unspecified' because if someone couldn't
specify the Kst version he uses, of what value would be his bug report?

Seems most of the Kst 1 reports were handled with the version 'unspecified',
I've changed their version to 1.x.

Unclosed reports for Kst 1 I've moved for a review to version 1.10.0 (renamed
from 1.10.0_devel).

Now the version list in bugzilla is much more clear with no confusing numbers any more.

Peter