[Kst] branches/work/kst/portto4/kst/src/datasources/netcdf

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Mon Apr 26 12:13:59 CEST 2010

Brisset, Nicolas wrote:
>> SVN commit 1117320 by kuemmel:
>>
>> use Optional's ctor
>>
>>  M  +2 -7      kstnetcdf.cpp
>>
> Yep, that fixes compilation. But as soon as I try to use the datawizard,
> I get a crash and the following message:
> "./build/build/bin/kst2: symbol lookup error:
> /home/franz/brisset/linux/SRC_ARCHIVE/SVN/kst2/build/build/plugin/libkst
> 2data_netcdfsource.so: undefined symbol: nc__open"
>
> I don't understand why, because the required libs seem to be in the LIBS
> += line in the corresponding .pro, but it is pretty bad as the
> datawizard calls all datasource plugins on each file so I can't use it
> at all if netcdf is compiled!
>
> It is not easy to investigate quickly, as compilation steps are pretty
> silent (compiling ..., linking ...). If you have an idea how to debug
> this, it would be nice. Note that I have the netcdf lib in a
> non-standard path (not /usr/lib).
>
> Thanks for the support,
>
> Nicolas

I had a similar crash with netcdf when it only links against netcdf.
Have you tried make clean, make in the netcdf folder or deleted the netcdf folder completely?

And are you sure the plugin links against netcdf and netcdf_c++ (have a look
at the makefile: LIBS = ...).

ldd on the netcdf plugin shows here two netcdf libraries:
/build/plugin> ldd libkst2data_netcdfsource.so
        linux-gate.so.1 =>  (0xffffe000)
        libkst2lib.so.2 => /home/synth/sandbox/kst/_git_debug/build/lib/libkst2lib.so.2 (0xb77c7000)
        libnetcdf.so.4 => /usr/lib/libnetcdf.so.4 (0xb76ff000)
        libnetcdf_c++.so.4 => /usr/lib/libnetcdf_c++.so.4 (0xb76e0000)

Shows ldd at your system the correct .so files. And if you don't have netcdf in /usr/lib,
have you set LD_LIBRARY_PATH so the shared libraries of netcdf could be found?

Peter