[Kst] plot all columns from command line and some more newbie questions

Fabian Braennstroem f.braennstroem at gmx.de
Thu Apr 1 14:27:38 CEST 2010

Hi,

I am new to kst and would like to plot all existing columns in an ascii
file using the commandline.

kst -y 2 -y3 file

works well, but this is quite hard, if you have around 40 columns!?

In addition, I took a first look at the scripting. As I am more familiar
with python/scipy, I wonder, if there are some more example, which read
data files, manipulate/calculate some columns using the scripting!?

Another question... I have a lot of data files with the following structure:

# Time Vector-Pos1 VectorPos2
0 (1 1 1) (21.0 2.0 0.0)
1 (1 1 1) (21.0 2.0 0.0)
2 (1 1 1) (21.0 2.0 0.0)
3 (1 1 1) (21.0 2.0 0.0)

Is it possible to tell kst using the command line and/or script to
neglect the parenthesis?

Would be really nice if you have some hints!

Best Regards!
Fabian