[Kst] Marketing problem?

Brisset, Nicolas Nicolas.Brisset at eurocopter.com
Wed Oct 21 13:59:41 CEST 2009

Hi,

I know we've already discussed the lack of visibility of kst to the
general public (in spite of a dot article a few months ago), and the
fact that the website could do with a major overhaul (to put it nicely),
but when I read this I'm a bit shocked:
http://www.kdenews.org/2009/10/16/labplot-and-scidavis-collaborate-futur
e-free-scientific-plotting
<http://www.kdenews.org/2009/10/16/labplot-and-scidavis-collaborate-futu
re-free-scientific-plotting>

Kst is not mentioned anywhere, though I believe it has quite a few
unique features. I'm not mentioning qtiplot either, which seems to have
a fairly large number of downloads and mindshare. But apparently
SciDaVis is a fork of qtiplot, so I don't know how well qtiplot is/will
be doing...

Should/could we do something about that? Be it getting in touch with
these guys, or promoting kst more aggressively (or dropping it if the
others are much better :-))...

Nicolas BRISSET

Research & Development - Eurocopter Group

ETGC - General Engineering / Flight Controls Systems

Phone: +49 (0)89-60009358

E-mail: nicolas.brisset at eurocopter.com
<mailto:nicolas.brisset at eurocopter.com>