[Kst] Real Time streaming with kst

Barth Netterfield netterfield at astro.utoronto.ca
Tue Oct 13 05:03:32 CEST 2009

kst assumes that you are looking at data that is being archived.

That being the case, during integration and testing, we do tend to delete old
data off our disks once they are getting full (after backing it up, if we
think we might want it later.)  This works fine for us: a serial port will
take an awful long time to fill up a modern drive.

That being the case, I have sometimes thought about some sort of semi-
persistent data source, which only keeps data around over a window.  Shouldn't
be too hard to write.

cbn