[Kst] branches/work/kst/2.0.0-beta3/kst

D. V. Wiebe dvw at ketiltrout.net
Thu Oct 1 20:55:36 CEST 2009

On Thu, Oct 01, 2009 at 02:42:58PM -0400, Matthew D Truch wrote:
> > Its set by the line
> > TARGET = kst2
> > in src/kst/kst.pro
> >
> > Its also used by 'run-kst'.
> >
> > So... it somehow has to be changed in two places.  Can we do this by hand for
> > now, and think of better magic later?
>
> Sounds cool to me.

Since I can't let an opportunity to awk pass me by, replacing the last line
of 'run-kst' with:

$BUILDDIR/bin/`awk 'BEGIN {FS="=\\\W*"} /^TARGET/ {print $2}' src/kst/kst.pro` "$@"

might be sufficiently magical.  However, is run-kst meant to be installed?  If
not, does it matter that a distro package maintainer changing TARGET would break
'run-kst'?  Is run-kst used during package build/install?

Cheers,
-dvw
Don Wiebe                                   dvw at physics.ubc.ca
Department of Physics and Astronomy
University of British Columbia
6224 Agricultural Road                      Tele: +1-604-822-2585
University Endowment Lands, BC
Canada   V6T 1Z1                            http://ketiltrout.net/