[Kst] branches/work/kst/2.0.0-beta3/kst

Matthew D Truch matt at truch.net
Thu Oct 1 20:15:55 CEST 2009

On Thu, Oct 01, 2009 at 12:58:03PM -0400, Barth Netterfield wrote:
> I think it is fine and required for the beta, since basically everyone will
> have both 1.x and 2.0beta installed.
>
> Longer term, its hard to say.  While kst2 is not as cool (ie, short) a name as
> kst, basically any script that uses 'kst' will break using kst2.  The command
> line has changed.  The input files have changed... So renaming kst2 is
> probably not such a bad idea.
>
> I think some distributions that want to install both a qt3 and qt4 version
> will give them different names eg app-qt3 and app-qt4, and then use
> /etc/alternatives links to choose which one is the default, which you get when
> running 'app'.  But I think this magic is done by the distribution.
>
> Boh?

Well, I was slightly playing devil's advocate, and yes, in the end,
distributions leave this up to the distribution (if that makes sense).
As I am one of the distributions, may I request that the build system be
made to easily allow a name change from kst (or kst2) to whatever with a
command line switch?

--
"One in every seven days is a Thursday."
matt at truch.net
http://matt.truch.net/