[Kst] : Huge performance problem under Windows

Barth Netterfield netterfield at astro.utoronto.ca
Thu Nov 19 15:57:30 CET 2009

I've been diving into this stuff for the last couple days trying to sort out
what is going on.

The object store is the global list of all Objects - dataSources (ie, files),
primitives (ie, scalars, vectors, matrices, and strings), dataObjects (ie,
equations, histograms, spectra, filters & fits) and relations (ie, curves and
images).

It does not hold the list of viewItems (ie, plots, labels, lines, etc).

I think the crash on exit comes from removing from the store and deleting
'slave primitives' before deleting Objects which create/hold them.

'slave primitives' have a  _provider, which tells if they are owned by someone
else.  If they are, then perhaps the store should not delete them when it
removes them from the list.

The thing that is really bugging me here is that I thought that the point of
KstSharedPtr was that you don't need to delete the objects they point to -
they get automatically deleted when all of the pointers get deleted.  But I
don't see that happening.  In fact, I can't tell what they are doing.

Hmmm... (arggg?)

cbn