netterfield at astro.utoronto.ca
Sun Jun 28 03:59:04 CEST 2009
SVN commit 988395 by netterfield:
M +11 -7 Bugs
M +2 -0 FixedBugs
M +9 -2 Wishlist
--- branches/work/kst/portto4/kst/devel-docs/Kst2Specs/Bugs #988394:988395
@@ -115,17 +115,21 @@
- 2. “Configure ASCII file” : -it seems that these settings are not saved as global settings, but for each file ! Such that for my 10^5 files having the same format, I have to define 10^5 the same ascii format. It may be useful to have global settings and to overwrite them with settings stored in the .kst files. Note: I informed him that it was possible to edit manually the kstdatarc file to get the desired result, but a global setting UI has to be provided at some point.
+4. Reloading a previously saved kst files seems to forget all the “configure ascii file” settings (in particularly “read fields names from”) so that no vector can be generated because kst tries to read an unknown field! This may explain why the relative path names did not work (see bug reported earlier). In the meantime, it has been confirmed that reloading works with the appropriate kstdatarc file in the right place.
- 4. Reloading a previously saved kst files seems to forget all the “configure ascii file” settings (in particularly “read fields names from”) so that no vector can be generated because kst tries to read an unknown field! This may explain why the relative path names did not work (see bug reported earlier). In the meantime, it has been confirmed that reloading works with the appropriate kstdatarc file in the right place.
- 5. For the « kst --help » I first get the message
+USAGE() does not exit cleanly, so there are issues under windows:
+ For the « kst --help » I first get the message
“Runtime Error! Program: c:\Program\klst\bin\kst.exe This application has requested the runtim to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application’s support team for more information.”
Then kst closes and and I get the help in the console (cygwin) in the windows cmd.exe I don’t get any help…
- 6. I did not found an option for forcing the use of a specific kstdatarc file. Meaning that now I’m having a kstdatarc in each folder where I want to start kst.
- 9. the font resizing does not work so well as in the 1.7. If you resize the windows, the fonts are not resized so well. It may come from the windows fonts. I tried several different fonts but did not succeed to get a clear one. Note: it seems to be somewhat better with the latest changes.
-10. would it be possible to have the kst file name written in the windows title? (or the current path where you are or something configurable?)
\ No newline at end of file
+Vector selectors in opened dialogs not updated when new vectirs are created.
+From the data manager open a curve dialog and a vector dialog.
+Create a vector in the vector dialog.
+It does not appear in any of the vector selectors in the curve dialog.
--- branches/work/kst/portto4/kst/devel-docs/Kst2Specs/FixedBugs #988394:988395
@@ -868,3 +868,5 @@
Title missing (reads Dialog)
+Make dialogs modeless.
--- branches/work/kst/portto4/kst/devel-docs/Kst2Specs/Wishlist #988394:988395
@@ -1,3 +1,4 @@
When a new plot is added to an tab which already has plots in it (eg, from the Placement widget), then the label font sizes should be based on the label font sizes of the plots already in the tab. (either 'vote' or use the first one).
All font properties replicated. Use the first one.
@@ -3,4 +4,9 @@
+"kst setting dialog" interface to global ASCII options.
+kst can currently read default ascii settings from the kstrc file.
+These settings need to be settable from the kstsettingsdialog.
Easier way to specify reversed axis when loading sky images:
-can desire to reverse be gleaned from the fits image?
@@ -35,7 +41,7 @@
-Scientific notation for extreme axis numbers
+Scientific notation (instead of C's %e notation) for extreme axis numbers
@@ -43,4 +49,5 @@
-Make dialogs modeless.
+Intelligent and useful window title:
+ If a kst file has been opened, the window title should be kst <kstfile>
More information about the Kst