[Kst] branches/work/kst/kst1kde4/kst/src/libkst

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Thu Dec 3 11:51:26 CET 2009

Peter Kümmel wrote:
> Barth Netterfield wrote:
>> Well...
>>
>> I've been grinding through doing the changes listed below.... Tedious!

But it is worth the effort. Should I help? Then check in you changes and we
try to get a compiling branch within the next days.

>> I admit I am a little confused about what you mean about removing the
>> ObjectStore, and what you would replace its functionality with.
>
> I thought ObjectStore is mainly used for memory management which becomes
> obsolete when we use shared pointers.
> The only usefull thing which I currently see is
>   DataSourceList dataSourceList() const;
> and related functions. But this could be moved to a update class
> splitted out from 'Object'.

Looking again into the code it shows up ObjectStore is essential
to current design of kst, removing it is like a redesign.

But I simply don't like the "all is a Object" ansatz (I assume as physicist
you know this word ;) with all the down casting and getting objects by name.
Anyway I would not touch it. We should proceed with your changes.

Peter