[Kst] kst2 problems...

Adam Treat treat at kde.org
Thu Sep 27 17:13:54 CEST 2007

On Thursday 27 September 2007, Brisset, Nicolas wrote:
> I can't really help you with the details here, all I can say is:
> - we use the datasource config stuff very often (especially with ASCII)
> - something I had in mind when I did the first prototype (which George
> then improved heavily :-)) and which was never implemented would be to
> remember extension <-> settings so that we can switch settings from a
> combobox. It is not high priority, though as long as saving/loading
> remembers the settings for each datasource as it currently does...
> - even in the 1.x series, configuring the datasource from the first
> datawizard page does not always work. I forgot the scenario but there
> are cases when you'd run into problems. I think it happens if you come
> back to the first page after you create a datasource instance, e.g. if
> you see only numbers in the list of fields when you expected to see
> names. I believe the datasource does not get destroyed and reconstructed
> with the new settings, but that needs to be checked. I guess this is
> pretty complex to implement properly...

I don't think it is.  I just need to know whether we expect to have a separate
qsettings object for each datasource per session.  ie, does ascii datasource
plugin just want a place to write its global settings? or does ascii
datasource plugin want a qsettings object *specific* to some session we've
just loaded?

Cheers,

Adam