[Kst] branches/work/kst/portto4/kst/src

Brisset, Nicolas Nicolas.Brisset at eurocopter.com
Mon Sep 24 12:41:00 CEST 2007

> * Add a bunch of new widgets so that we can port over the
> vector dialog for creating new vectors.
> * ComboxBox ... this is a placeholder for what will
> eventually be a completion enabled combo.
> * DataRange ... this is a port of the KstDataRange class
> * FileRequester ... we no longer have KUrlRequester so this
> is a replacement.
So, does that mean that we'll soon be able to import actual data from a
file ? I think this is when it'll start being far more interesting for
users :-)

That also reminds me that I wanted to say I agree with Barth on the fact
that base datasources classes should provide default implementations as
much as possible. One of the strengths of kst is that it can read quite
a few formats, and adding a new one is fairly easy. If it had been more
complicated, I probably wouldn't have started with netcdf and CDF (and
maybe not used kst at all!) considering the little time I had to do it
and my limited coding skills...