[Kst] KST installation problem

Tim Pearson tjp at astro.caltech.edu
Wed Oct 10 23:49:12 CEST 2007

I'm trying to install kst-1.4.0 on Red Hat Linux:

% cat /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS release 4 (Nahant Update 5)
% rpm -q -a kdebase
kdebase-3.3.1-5.19.rhel4
% rpm -q -a qt
qt-3.3.3-10.RHEL4

Installation stops in make with error:

kstdatamanager_i.cpp: In constructor `KstDataManagerI::KstDataManagerI
(KstDoc*, QWidget*, const char*, bool, uint)':
kstdatamanager_i.cpp:616: error: invalid use of undefined type
`struct KListViewSearchLineWidget'

The web page claims "Kst currently requires KDE3.3 and QT3.3" which I
have.

Please advise: I'd greatly appreciate a workaround that does not
involve installing a later version of KDE.

Thanks

Tim Pearson
Caltech