[Kst] How to install plugins?

Steffen Ganschow ganschow at ikz-berlin.de
Wed Oct 10 12:45:29 CEST 2007

Hi,
I tried to use plugins (e.g. for fitting) with kst. If I right-click on my
curve and select "Curve fitting" the "New plugin" dialog opens. Clicking
on "Manager" and then "Install" allows to select an xml-file (the plugin
description). Confirming the selection leads to an error message saying that
copying the corresponding "name_of_the_plugin.so" file was not possible. The
reason is that there is no such file. Do I have to change some make options
to get the corresponding "name_of_the_plugin.cpp" file compiled? Or is there
another (other than configure|make|make install) way to get the plugins
installed.
My system: opensuse 10.2, KDE 3.5.7, kst 1.4.0

Thanks for any help.
Steffen