[Kst] Kst 1.4

Thomas Reitelbach tr at erdfunkstelle.de
Fri Mar 9 19:34:45 CET 2007

On Freitag, 9. März 2007, Frederik Schwarzer wrote:
> On Freitag, 9. März 2007, George Staikos wrote:
> > > Did you find out that went wront with it?
> > > I searched through SVN, but can't find any new additional po-files
> > > for kst.
> >
> > No, sorry.  You should probably talk to other translation people.
>
> For me it doesn't sound like a problem to be solved by the translators
> itself. I ran xgettext over the kst sources and got about 800 Strings (I do
> not know if I did it right, though), the po-templates only are about 130
> Strings.
>
> As I was told, scripty extracts the Strings, so maybe scripty chokes on kst
> sources.

There is a problem with the messages target in Makefile.am for kst :-(
Source folders have been moved around some time ago (commit 508905 as it
seems), including the Makefile.am with the messages target.
Now the messages target catches just a minor subset of all messages, leading
to this tiny pot file.

I will fix the messages target - but this will not automatically bring back
the already translated strings for the various teams.
the affected teams will have to revert their kst translation to a specific
revision (which includes the old strings) and then let scripty do it's work.

A "svn -r 508962 up kst.po kstplugineditor.po
desktop_extragear-graphics_kst.po" should hopefully bring back your old
translations (which is right before scripty removed the "obsolete" messages
from the POT). But please wait until scripty has done it's work with the new
pot file tonight.
After you got your old translations back you can backup them, make a "svn up"
again and copy your backed up translations back into svn again and "svn ci"
them. (hope i got this right :-)

Kst developers might consider a reasonable delay if they want to have a
release with usable translations. Maybe someone from the Kst-team can tell us
if they want to delay the release, please?

Cheers,
Thomas

--
There are 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary, and those
who don't.