[Kst] Fwd: KST + FITs

Barth Netterfield netterfield at astro.utoronto.ca
Thu Mar 1 20:46:27 CET 2007

I'm not totally familiar with the fits data source, but others on this list
are.

Subject: KST + FITs
Date: Thursday 01 March 2007
From: "Adam D. Hincks" <ahincks at princeton.edu>
To: Barth Netterfield <netterfield at physics.utoronto.ca>

Hi KST gurus,

ACT's final data product is a FITS file.  (We use dirfiles along the way,
but our astronomers insisted on FITS.)

Our FITS files have several header data units (HDUs).  When I try and open
one with kst, it seems only to see the first one.  Does kst lack the
functionality to read more than one HDU?  Or am I making a mistake
somewhere?  I compiled kst (1.3.1) with the cfitsio library.

One thing that confuses me (and could be the problem) is that the data
wizard identifies the FITS file as "Data source of type:  LFIIO".

Any help you could give would be most useful.  Let me know if I should be
directing this to someone else.

Adam

P.S.  I followed BLAST's progress on the ice closely via Don's blog.  Glad
the flight was a success -- bummer that you couldn't recover too much,
though.