[Kst] music / movie player index locator

Brisset, Nicolas Nicolas.Brisset at eurocopter.com
Wed Jun 27 12:57:01 CEST 2007

> We can do this easily in the GUI with Qt 4.4, so sometime in 2008.
I'd be curious to know what in Qt 4.4 will make it easier. I had the
feeling that we could fairly easily have added a slider with a couple of
buttons in the toolbar or in a floating/dockable widget... To me, most
of the difficulty resides in how we handle zooming/scrolling based on
the user interaction with these buttons/widgets, as in the general case
all plots may have different X axes and zoom levels. In a very global
approach, I would almost say this feature only makes sense when all
plots (or even curves) share the same X axis, which is certainly a very
common case with time for instance.
One related and interesting question is how we could make it easy to
input time values (as opposed to sample numbers), as for instance
10:34:25.050 for 10h34min25.050s. I think this is partly supported
already in the range dialog, but I've never really used it.

Nicolas

P.S. : I hope Akademy won't distract you (George and maybe Adam) too
much from porting kst to KDE4 ;-)