[Kst] [Bug 140625] New plot is created in non-intuitive location
arwalker at sumusltd.com
Thu Jun 7 23:05:08 CEST 2007
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the assignee for the bug, or are watching the assignee.
------- Additional Comments From arwalker sumusltd com 2007-06-07 23:05 -------
There are at least three scenarios when regriding will occur:
* the plots are laid out randomly and the user wishes them placed on a grid
* the plots are already laid out on a grid and the user wishes to change the number of columns
* the user creates a new plot when existing plots are laid out randomly
* the user creates a new plot when existing plots are already laid out on a grid
Under each of these four scenarios the user will probably expect something different to be done. At present the code only handles the first case well. The expected responses are outline below:
* plots move to their closest grid location. Unassigned plots are added to holes - the existing behaviour
* the plot sequence is retained reading left to right and top to bottom. This operation is reversible.
* the new plot is added to some arbitrary location
* the plot sequence is retained reading left to right and top to bottom. The new plot(s) are added to the end of the sequence.
More information about the Kst