[Kst] kst 1.x with KJSEmbed and kst 2.x

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Sun Jul 22 02:03:05 CEST 2007

On 21-Jul-07, at 10:19 AM, Matthew D Truch wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> Two questions:
>
> 1. I don't use the JS scripting capabilities in kst, so I don't know,
> but is it frowned upon to build kst with the internal KJSEmbed rather
> than the one included in KDE proper?  What are the differences?

    You should always use the system one if available.  The internal
one is an older copy there only in the case that the system one is
not available, and in fact only really for older KDE versions.

> 2. What is the status of kst 2.x?  Fedora 8 (release in November) is
> planning on including KDE 4.0.  Will kst 2.x be 'ready' in that
> timeframe, or should I still package kst 1.x (using the KDE3 compat
> libraries they'll have).

    We're not sure about the status yet because we haven't nailed
down the final 2.0 feature list.  There is a lot of work to go in
fact, but ideally 2.0 will be ready in that timeframe.