[Kst] The problem with auto-sizing labels

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Tue Jan 23 20:18:00 CET 2007

Mandatory auto-sizing of labels is a bit of an issue.  Justification
(horizontal) is actually useful with the current design, however.
Place a label to the right edge of the view and put dynamic content
in it (scalar/strings).  Those can cause the label to grow, but it
can't grow because it's already right-aligned.  Therefore we
presently use justify-centre.  My feeling is we should generally
justify-left, however there could be sessions where it makes more
sense to justify-right.  In fact resizing labels due to content
changing is horribly ugly in my opinion.  It can destroy the layout
of a session entirely.  Therefore I'm going to revert this change and
I think we need to reconsider label sizing once again.