[Kst] Patch for proposed change to Data Manager dialog

Adam Treat treat at kde.org
Thu Jan 4 21:42:58 CET 2007

Hi all,

I have a patch that changes the Data Manager dialog to include a list of
dataobjects on the left hand side that is very similar to Qt 3.x's designer
widget list.  The idea is to avoid the annoying double dialog when creating
new data objects.  The list also scales no matter how many new data objects
or plugins are created in the future.  Further, it divides up the objects
based on what kind of object they are: Primitive, Generic, Fit, or Filter.

I've also taken this patch as an opportunity to eliminate the alternative
method for creating data objects --> via the top-level menu actions.  I think
that there should be one way to create these objects as otherwise it just
clutters the GUI and confuses things.  The data manager dialog is the correct
place for this IMHO.

Anyway, the patch is attached.

Let me know,

Adam