[Kst] [Bug 141597] Change data file tool does not perform some updates
eli at staikos.net
Thu Feb 22 00:06:51 CET 2007
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug, or are watching someone who is.
------- Additional Comments From eli staikos net 2007-02-22 00:06 -------
I've fixed some of the problem by properly updating in the Data Manager, but there remains a tricky issue with equations.
If you have an equation using variables and you change the name of those variables, the equation clearly won't work. In the equation in the bug.kst file ([DS-manche3.see/P2]-[DS-manche3.see/R2]), both vectors have the filename in their tags. When we change the data file for P2, it's full tag changes to "DS-manche1.see/P2".
We're not sure exactly how to deal with this, but we've had several ideas.
1. Don't change the vector tags when the datasource changes.
- This fixes equations but is nasty for pretty much everything else.
The view ... dialogs will all have misleading hierarchies and it'll be
very hard to tell what's going on.
2. When building equations, only insert the display tags for the vectors into the equation string.
- This will break if those names become non-unique (i.e. insert
DS-manche3.see/P2 so equation becomes "[P2]", then create
DS-manche1.see/P2). The equations will then be unresolvable.
3. When changing object names, check if they are used in equations and update the equations to use the new names.
- This changes the current semantics of equations, where the text of the
equation is independent of the current data objects in memory.
- It is also potentially tricky and/or expensive to identify where objects
are used (equations, events, etc.).
More information about the Kst