[Kst] [Bug 153393] New: changing data file in Edit Vector dialogue corrupts kst file
dwiebe at physics.utoronto.ca
Tue Dec 4 01:13:24 CET 2007
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the assignee for the bug, or are watching the assignee.
Summary: changing data file in Edit Vector dialogue corrupts kst
Platform: Compiled Sources
AssignedTo: kst kde org
ReportedBy: dwiebe physics utoronto ca
Version: 1.5.0 (using KDE KDE 3.5.8)
Installed from: Compiled From Sources
Compiler: gcc (GCC) 4.1.2
Using the Edit Vector dialogue box to change the datasource of a vector, corrupts .kst files. The problem is that the datasouce encoded into the vector's tag in the .kst file (using the "<datasource>/<field>" format) isn't properly updated.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Plot a field from a datasource.
2. Right click on the plot -> Edit -> Vector
3. In the Edit Vector dialogue, change the datasource to something else that provides the same field.
4. File -> Save -> save session to a .kst file
5. File -> Open -> open the kst file just created.
kst will claim to be unable to load the kst file due the vector being missing.
kst should be able to load the kst file.
The .kst file corruption can be undone by manually editing the .kst file and deleting all the "<datasource>/" parts from vector tag.
More information about the Kst