[Kst] branches/work/kst/portto4/kst/devel-docs/Kst2Specs

Brisset, Nicolas Nicolas.Brisset at eurocopter.com
Thu Aug 30 14:59:02 CEST 2007

> Nicholas, I'll reply more vigorously later, but for now, why
> don't you try and build kst2?  It is incredibly easy.  All
> you need is a working Qt4 install and a QTDIR setup
> appropriately and then go into the toplevel dir and do 'build-kst' :)
Really ? As I wrote in an email recently, I can't wait to try out kst2
and have been expecting a signal that it is worth building (you know,
like it will actually display something vaguely resembling a plot :-)).
In some of your recent commits, I saw that it was possible to draw plots
now, and was wondering whether the time had come... So I went to
techbase.kde.org to see what the requirements were to build KDE4, and I
was put off because it wasn't quite so easy and I didn't have time.

Now, if I understand you correctly KDE4 libs are not needed for kst2 at
this point ? In that case, I'll have kst2 running by tonight ! As a
matter of fact I happen to have Qt 4.3 installed in a corner of my
system :-)