[Kst] piping data into kstcmd in a shell script gives syntaxErrors

wim van hoydonck wim.van.hoydonck at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 13:25:37 CEST 2007

On 8/4/07, George Staikos wrote:

> Hi Wim,
>
>     You can't use # comments inside the echo line.  That should solve
> your problem.

Hi George,

Thanks for the reply. It works :)

But  there is still something strange happening.

To make kstcmd not echo the right-hand side of an assignment
to stdout, I have to add a backslash to that line (see below),
But if I add one after the last assignment, the labels are not updated.

This does not work:

echo -e 'Kst.windows[0].plots[0].xAxis.label = "Time (s)"; \
Kst.windows[0].plots[0].yAxis.label = "Collective"; \' | kstcmd

This works, but echos "Collective" to stdout:

echo -e 'Kst.windows[0].plots[0].xAxis.label = "Time (s)"; \
Kst.windows[0].plots[0].yAxis.label = "Collective";' | kstcmd

Is this normal?

Greetings,

Wim