[Kst] kstscript usage

Marc Dekker M.Dekker-1 at student.tudelft.nl
Wed Apr 18 10:41:13 CEST 2007

Dear sir/madam

For my bachalor's degree i am working on a program that reads data from a file or sensors and then analyses the input and then puts the inpurt en the analyses in graphs on the screen. I have decided to use kst for the purpous of drawing the graphs and since i found out you can use javascript i am trying to put the analyses in a script to.

Here I meet the problem that when i read DataVector's from file I can't use a premade script to analyse the data because it seems that i am not able to read data using the [ ] nor can i use the .length command to find the size of a Datavector. I find it strange that i can do this when i use the script promt in the kst window.

My question is this: Are these things not posible or is there a way or command i can use to get the number of elements in a datavector en how can i acces various data points within a datavector?

Sincerly yours,

Marc Dekker