[Kst] branches/work/kst/pluginify/kst/src

Adam Treat treat at kde.org
Thu Sep 21 20:07:45 CEST 2006

On Thursday 21 September 2006 1:55 pm, George Staikos wrote:
> On Wednesday 20 September 2006 18:06, Adam Treat wrote:
> > SVN commit 586905 by treat:
> >
> > * Connect the modified signal in the base class.
> > * A bit of cleanup of kstdataobject includes
> > * Only scan for datasource plugins once
> > --- branches/work/kst/pluginify/kst/src/libkst/kstdatasource.cpp
> > #586904:586905 @@ -157,7 +157,9 @@
> >
> >  static QValueList<PluginSortContainer> bestPluginsForSource(const
> > QString& filename, const QString& type) { QValueList<PluginSortContainer>
> > bestPlugins;
> > -  scanPlugins();
> > +  if (pluginInfo.isEmpty()) {
> > +    scanPlugins();
> > +  }
> >
> >    KST::PluginInfoList info = QDeepCopy<KST::PluginInfoList>(pluginInfo);
>
>   Good catch!  This should speed up the data wizard url requester a bit.

:)

On a similar subject, any objection to changing the datasource loading
mechanism to use the regular KDE loading infrastructure instead of specifying
the symbol loading ourselves?  Right now there is confusion regarding the
X-KDE-Library property...

Normally, this should be set to 'kstdata_ascii' where the library
is 'kstdata_ascii.so', but currently it is set to 'ascii' and the custom
keep the symbols short, but if we just use KParts::ComponentFactory like the
data object plugins, we can probably get rid of having all these symbols I
think...

Any thing I'm missing?

Adam