[Kst] Comments on the new plot dialog

Barth Netterfield netterfield at astro.utoronto.ca
Fri Oct 20 14:32:34 CEST 2006

On Friday 20 October 2006 04:06, Brisset, Nicolas wrote:
> - I'm glad to see that the possibility of applying legend changes to all
> legends is back, though I have the feeling that there may be usability
> issues if not only changes but all parameters are applied (which seems
> to be the case from what the label implies).

My guess was that as one usually wants all legends in a given page to look the
same, it is probably ~ok.

> I'll need to think about
> that a bit more and experiment, but I recently had the case of one user
> struggling because he had overseen the "Allow plot dialog to reset
> legend contents" checkbox...

Ahh.. yes...

> - I used to switch from one plot to another without closing the dialog
> by either a) right-clicking on the new plot and calling the "Modify"
> menu, which would update the open plot dialog to the selected plot or b)
> choosing another plot from the dropdown list. b) would actually be
> enough if the plots had names in connection with their contents (which
> is why I created bugzilla wishlist #115665 and now we even have lots of
> room to display plot names :-)), but both possibilities are now gone :-(

On the other hand, I think you can hold multiple plot dialogs open.

> - it would be cool if double-clicking the plot background could open the
> dialog (this is not linked with the recent changes, as it did not work
> before)

Single Clicking on the borders of a plot opens the dialog.   Currently double
clicking in a plot is used to select a plot object's dialog (which needs to
be made more consistent).

Should we loose double clicking on plot objects to enable double clicking on
view objects?