[Kst] Vector skip patch ?

Adam Treat treat at kde.org
Tue Oct 17 16:59:24 CEST 2006

I'm not sure I understand this objection.  In count-from-end mode, f0 is not
defined by the user.  It is set as a function of the requested number of
frames.  As such, it will necessarilly exist on the skip boundary as it is
the first frame.

What I suppose you are saying is that when in count-from-end mode that we
should divide up the frames beginning at the start of the file and then count
back from the end the requested length and find the frame closest that lies
on the skip boundary.

What I am supposing (and the patch is doing) is that when in count-from-end
mode that we count back from the end the requested length and the frame we
arrive at is then f0.  We then divide up the length according to skip.

On Monday 16 October 2006 7:57 pm, George Staikos wrote:
> On Monday 16 October 2006 19:46, Barth Netterfield wrote:
> > AFAIKT, This would work in static mode, but in real time count-from-end
> > mode, it will not behave well:  If you are counting from the end, with
> > skip on, I assert that these three things should be true:
> > 	-My plots should only update every SKIP frames (not every frame, as
> > would happen with the patch) and

Where do you see this?  From what I see, it only updates every SKIP frames.