[Kst] Stabilizing the recent plugin merge --> Re: Plugin branch

Adam Treat treat at kde.org
Tue Nov 28 00:38:28 CET 2006

On Thursday 23 November 2006 7:02 pm, Barth Netterfield wrote:
> Please make fixing this the highest priority.
> We would love to be able to have this working for flight in 3 weeks.
>
> cbn
>
> On Thursday 23 November 2006 18:53, George Staikos wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> >     I merged the plugin branch today.  Unfortunately there are many
> > lurking problems that need to be sorted out.  If plugins are critical
> > for you right now, I suggest not updating (or helping fix :-)).
> >
> >     Some issues:
> > 1) Create gaussian, RMB on a plot -> edit->plot object  deadlocks
> > <--- This is not new

Can someone else try this as I can't reproduce.

> > 2) RMB->fit causes strange locking bugs

I am not able to reliably reproduce any crash.  I found a crash once, but have
not been able to reproduce it the last umpteen number of times.

When I open the demo.kst tutorial and RMB->Fit->C4-cleaned_pitch on the middle
plot and choose 'Fit Gaussian' it seems to wait and block for a few minutes
before finishing the update.  I believe this is related to the merge of the
advanced locking branch as it stalls in kstwaitcondition_unix.cpp

Is this long delay what you are talking about or are you experiencing a
reliable crash?

> > 3) Choosing a plugin directly in the datamanager seems to fail

Fixed with revision #608544

> > 4) kstbasicplugin.desktop was missing.  I hacked up my best guess at it.

No diff between your guess and my local copy.

I've cleaned up some of the miscelaneous bits involving the datamanager gui
and disabled the testplugin.  Anyone experiencing other issues with trunk
related to the plugin merge?

Adam