[Kst] Integrating a digitizing tool ?

Brisset, Nicolas Nicolas.Brisset at eurocopter.com
Thu Nov 16 16:43:12 CET 2006

Hi,

I have not yet put the idea in bugzilla, but I'd like to have your
opinion on the possibility of integrating a digitizing tool right into
kst. There is a very good GPL'd Qt-based one called digitizer
(http://digitizer.sourceforge.net/) that would certainly be fairly easy
to inegrate. The idea would be :
- if you have an image of a graph you would like to work with, just
import it as an image in kst
- digitize the imported image to create corresponding vectors / curves
and show them overlayed on the image
- substitute the actual graph in place of the image once you're
satisfied

Of course, you can do that outside of kst and then import the data, so
it's not a big deal if nobody likes the idea, but I find the idea quite
interesting and thought it was worth asking for your opinion...